Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Year's Resolutions Reviewed and Revamped

Just reviewing my last year list (I'll probably continue several of these in 2011)

1. Get in Better Shape, Live Healthier
-I think I did well at this but unexpectedly ended up being pregnant and that of course limited some of what I wanted to do on this front. Since E was born I have lost my PP weight but am now really realizing what a number I did on myself last December with emotional eating because of all that was going on. I hope to continue to work on this and fully accomplish this in 2011.

2. Find a church and start a Weekly family worship time.
Found a church! Thanks to my wonderful doula who attends there. We are now a bit further from it but I still have received support from the Moms' group there and hope to continue to develop our relationship with our church family. We will have to see if we end up in the Atlanta area or not come May to see if this will be our permanent family church though.

3. Budget better
I have done much better at this. Now the holidays did mess me up some of course but compared to the year before I feel much better about our finances and think I can continue to save more in 2011.

4. Keep in better touch with Friends and Family
Yes and no....I've made more friends locally and feel I've kept up more with them thanks to ICAN but my long distance friends and family who are both across the country and nearby I haven't been as good about contacting or visiting (other than via FB). I know this is a hard one with everyone with kids and at different places physically and in life but I do hope this resolution happens more in 2011.

5. Be Positive and don't stress the small stuff
I've gotten better about this, a huge difference came with my natural birth and our family growing to five. I also think my blogging has helped me put things in a different perspective and I've grown more in general this year as a person. I hope I continue to appreciate the small great things even more in 2011 and not stress the little issues but grow and learn from them instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment