Hubby took C out for a Daddy day with her and they ran several errands and went out to eat. She loved it and was so excited (we haven't had one of these days in a bit though we used to do it more often before we moved to our current place. We're trying to get back into the habit.
J and E and I had a day just us which meant J got some extra Mommy one on one time. We colored some wooden ornaments, made salt dough ornaments (which we will all be painting tomorrow and I will be making a cinnamon version with C)and had fun just the two of us (and E but she was content to watch nearby or from my lap).
Also though I didn't have that much quiet time today I got to work on crocheting a hat and it's done! I got the pattern and instructions from this youtube video, and left the scalloped edges because it looked so cute on her. It fits E perfectly amazingly enough and not too bad for having crocheted for all of 2 days now lol. Now C and J are asking for ones too and C wants me to teach her to crochet (not sure if I'll be undertaking that with a three year old despite it being easier than I expected).
Tomorrow we're planning a family outing (all of us) to get a tree, wish us look in the search since hubby's pretty picky on that front lol. He'll be making wooden ornaments, I'll be painting them, the kids will be painting the dough ornaments, and I have several crochet and felt ornaments planned too. It's definitely feeling more and more like Christmas here an I can't wait to see all the ornaments we've made on the tree and the kids get to know they had such a big part in it. Hope yall are having a wonderful weekend as well!
And here's a few pics from today's adventures.
J making salt dough ornaments with Mommy:
E and her new hat by Mommy :) The colors are more light pink and burgundy IRL though they show up pretty bright in these pics (just taken quickly with my cybershot)
C in reindeer antlers after getting back from her date with Daddy (She kept yelling "There's a reindeer in the house" lol)
E's owl = adorable btw.
ReplyDeleteAlso, remember that kids in lots of Scandanavian countries learn to knit at a very young age... it's really not hard and socks are so productive! Crochet is similar enough, it's probably worth a try. Though it's easier if you're comfortable with it first.