Today was wonderful. My mother came to visit last night and babysat while I went to an ICAN meeting and hubby worked at school. I woke up this morning to J climbing in bed with me after hubby left. So I got some extra morning snuggles from my little man. C came in shortly after and said "it's your birthday you need a special surprise okay Mommy" and proceeded to go get me a variety of plastic foods. That counts as breakfast in bed right?
Before I got up to make actual breakfast I asked the kids what they wanted to eat. Their response was "special surprise cookie" that was "behind the doors [of the armoire]." They went on to list the letters on the "special surprise" but I stopped them and told them to leave that alone and not ruin the surprise, and impressively I managed to stay out of the armoire till hubby arrived home too. I distracted myself during the wait by playing with the kids and attempting to teach myself how to crochet (one of my goals of things to do before 30 or maybe before 26...we'll see).
My amazing husband made it home early with roses (and gorgeous lilies), barbecue, and a coconut pie that put any cake to shame. After we ate and I blew out the candles on the cake we opened the armoire and the kids gave me their cards they signed/colored on themselves and their presents for me that the wrapped in paper with band aids used in place of tape (guessing Ami couldn't find that one lol). It was adorable and they gave me warm socks lol. I also got a cookie cake though didn't have room to eat it yet. Dad then let me open his present, a gift certificate to Sam Flax and another one to Shutterfly. He said he knows how I've been wanting to put up more pictures of all three kids so the Sam Flax card is for frames and the Shutterfly is for the pics. He also said the rest of my present comes tomorrow when MIL will be watching C and J and we are going to look for a new lens for my camera and then go on a dinner date. E will be in tow since she's still exclusively breastfeeding but I'm definitely looking forward to the night out either way.
It was an amazing wonderful day and a perfect culmination to the last 25 years. I'm hoping the next 25 will be even better. I am so blessed to be me, to have this life with my wonderful family, and to be happily officially 25.
No comments:
Post a Comment