With 2010 right around the corner, and this year having gone by way too fast, I figure I better write up the resolutions already. This is sorta a combination to do list and general improvement list for my life at this point and I will probably add to and edit these a few times later. So here's the first set anyway.
1. Get in Better Shape, Live Healthier
I figure this is one of the most common resolutions so a good way to start. This includes lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier, and that sorta thing. This also includes adjusting our family food a bit though we're not too bad currently we can always be healthier in certain food choices and family activities. I would also like to cut out soda again (I hadn't drank any during C and J's pregnancies, breastfeeding etc. and stopped again when working out this year but got back into it after depression stuff and need to get rid of that vice again).
2. Find a church and start a Weekly family worship time.
We haven't found a local church which really fits us yet and would really like to find one in 2010. Also although we have lots of prayer times throughout the day I would love to have a specific worship time/bible study with my family especially as the kids have more understanding now and I think they would enjoy this and benefit from it.
3. Budget better
I have a few friends who are coupon clippers and although I have long dreaded the thought I have been excited about the potential of using those extra funds for other things. I also can think of several other ways to help tighten our family budget and make the most of every buck.
4. Keep in better touch with Friends and Family
The past couple years I thought I was doing this with the help of Facebook but have since realized that actually the site just helped more distant relations and acquaintances keep up with me so in 2010 I am going to try to keep better contact by actually talking to people or keeping one on one correspondence. I also really need to figure out a trip out west this year to reconnect with family and friends (it's been way too long).
5. Be Positive and don't stress the small stuff
This is a tough one for me, but with recent events I've really realized what really matters and what doesn't. It's easy when you're in a negative place to get pulled down by random things that really don't matter in the long run. I am already trying to be more positive and focusing on my many amazing blessings and hopefully I can just get better and better at this in 2010.
That's the big ones that come to mind right now. I will add later. It's crazy to think how 2000 seemed like yesterday and now it's almost 2010! It's even more crazy to think of all the wonderful things that have happened this last decade. This next year has alot of happenings for my family, including hopefully hubby finishing his degree, new jobs, a move and new house hopefully, and who knows what other amazing blessings this coming year holds. No matter what I'm sure with my amazing family and friends that it will be a year full of love. I am so blessed and am sure this next year will just multiply my blessings again and again. Here's wishing all my loved ones a wonderful, happy, healthy new year as well!
i like the one that includes you visiting out west!!! :-D
ReplyDeleteOH!!!!! Me TOO !! :)
ReplyDelete