Sunday, December 26, 2010

5 Toys I Would Buy Again

The last few days I've been thinking about this topic. Last week I went through C and J's toys and gave the age appropriate ones to E. I realized that a few toys have lasted more and have really been enjoyed by each child now. There are more than the following but these are 5 of the big ones at our house. (Also I'm linking to Amazon but our models are mostly 2007-2008 and a lot cheaper price than those listings)

1. Boppy Travel Swing-link(now Bright starts is making the current version thus the boppy listing having a crazy price on it comparably)
I received this as a gift when C was born and it is amazing. I love that I can easily move it between rooms and take it on trips. I even put it in the bathroom with me with C so I could get a shower without leaving her in the other room. With J and E it has been wonderful that it's so close to the ground so it allows them to be close to the older siblings and I don't have to worry about the older children pushing it too much like you do with taller swings. Also it easily folds up and slides under the bed out of the way when not in use. It's so easy to clean, you just take off the cover and throw it in the wash, no crazy accessories or velcro etc. And every child has loved to sleep in it and swing in it of course.

2. Johnny Jump Up-link
A toy loved by my husband and his sisters when they were little as well as my children. E hasn't gotten her turn to use it yet but C and J loved it and I think it helped their legs development and encouraged them to start walking(though I'm sure this wasn't the only factor), plus it's a lot of fun.

3. Little Music Box/Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes- link
This toy has needed 1 battery change in three years but all 3 kids have loved it. It's one of E's favorites right now, though C and J still seem to enjoy it too.

4. Seahorse/Glo Worm-link
Now this just recently finally stopped working and we had to buy a new one, but it's worth it to purchase in my opinion. I loved the classic glo worm as a child and this is the new popular version. Awesome for sleeping with and playing with when awake too.

5. Brightstart Links-link
Something all my babies have enjoyed. Great to add to a playmat or attach to a carseat for a travel toy. Simple and great. Only issue try to keep storage package to keep them together in one place when cleaning up because as the kids get older the links can become more easily scattered throughout the house and amidst other toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment