Today was our post birthday celebration day. We didn't originally plan to spend two days celebrating, but it just worked out that way and I can't say I mind.
This morning the kids and I played and worked on ABCs and numbers and then while they were "reading" I worked on my crochet some more and I now have......wait for it....a dish rag lol. Exciting I know but you have to start somewhere. I am going to try a more challenging project next I'll let yall know how it goes.
Hubby got home early and MIL came over to babysit for us. She also brought me more beautiful flowers, chocolates, a gift card, and some other sweet things. Then she continued the gift by letting hubby and I go out for our dinner date(with E in tow) while MIL had lots of fun with C and J giving them a living room picnic, coloring ornaments, and much more.
Hubby and I haven't been out just the two of us since E was born so this was very special for us. We went to Scalinis which has amazing food and is where we went (with C and J) twice in the weeks before E arrived (we had tried the eggplant induction method and it didn't work but still was yummy) so it was a good new memory and a reminder of those wonderful times past.
E came along because as I said before I'm breastfeeding exclusively (no bottles, no pumping, just straight from the source) but she was perfect for Mommy and Daddy and slept through dinner. It was strange being able to have a conversation while not being interrupted by little voices or having to get up to take little ones to the bathroom.
Afterward we were planning to go to the camera store but they were closed (by 3 minutes) and we discussed going to the movies, but decided against it (too much for a 2 month old I think) so we instead went to the craft store, book store, and hardware store. Now this may seem like not much to yall but I adore craft stores, hubby adores hardware, and we both love a good book (and actually have had time to read recently) so this was wonderful for us. E was snuggled up happily in her Moby and although I did have one of my babies with me it was a new experience not having to watch all the little hands sticking out of carts and being able to walk at my own pace versus being led/dragged by little hands to the children's sections.
After getting some items for each of us and planning Christmas decorations (which we will be getting tomorrow so I'll be updating more on that then) we drove through the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights and came home.
Here we celebrated a little more by finally breaking into the cookie cake with C and J as a treat. They had a wonderful time with Ibu and I think we all had a great day.
It wasn't too crazy a date as we've had in years past but it was still perfect. I'm sure as E gets older we will try to add more dates and family outings in general.
And now my little ones are in bed and littlest is asleep on me. It was definitely a wonderful day and I'm looking forward to the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment