So we did it! We made it to visit Hubby's grandparents in NC.
The three hour trip was exponentially longer than our gps estimate of 3 hours thanks to potty breaks for 2 kids, pauses through the curvy mountain pass for Mommy dizziness, and finally a long break after J unfortunately did get car sick but we made it and we're all in one piece and surprisingly relaxed. E was perfect sleeping through everything, and C and J were content to watch Robin Hood and Beauty and the Beast. Hubby chose the movies based on which ones he could stand to hear but not see lol.
I'm hoping J's experience was just a fluke and not a trend. A couple trips ago when he was 18 months or so we had the same thing happen. Luckily this time I knew he wasn't feeling well and acted before hand and shall we say caught it just in time....
Anyway, we're here and even at almost 3am you can see lots of beautiful thick snow which the kids are super excited about. Tomorrow we will be celebrating Christmas with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa (Christmas #3) followed by New Year. Seeing as I'm up now I'll most likely be up to watch the ball drop tomorrow.
This past year has been so wonderful and I can't wait to see what the next year holds!
Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment