This is also one of the big reasons I haven't been able to blog as much (along with several Christmas preparations). Sleep deprivation isn't very conducive to being able to think to write I've discovered.
This week E decided she was going to stay up and refuse to go to sleep at bed time. She would fuss and whine and then give me that all knowing grin which I can't say no to (yep I'm in trouble already). When she smiles her whole face lights up, it starts with a twinkle in her eye and then moves through every inch of her and anyone who sees it can't help smile (even big sis and big bro when they're fighting sleep and that's quite a feat). So of course when she gave me these smiles I went along with it and paid the price by losing a couple hours rest.
Well a couple days after E started this C realized that she wanted to stay up with us as well. I am amazed she wasn't cranky or extra tired because of this. She wasn't fighting sleep or arguing to stay up playing, instead she wanted just to sit and talk with me. It's amazing how much smarter and more aware she gets daily. I know she's only 3 but she acts so much older and I often find myself wondering how fast the next few years are going to go by as she becomes a young woman. I'm sure that as she acts older than her 3 years already that it will be much faster than I even expect.
E looks so much like C did at this age too so it's one more reminder how fast time has gone by already. C told me the other night that E was beautiful and I responded "Of course she is she looks just like you." C and J both love looking at pictures of them when they were babies and comparing to E so C loved this response.
So this past week has been filled with late nights with my girls. C and I talked about the day, played with E, and generally had a wonderful time, that was only slightly paid for by Mommy in bloodshot eyes the following mornings. I finally got us back on a normal sleep schedule last night (I hope) and I feel guilty for letting both babies stay up when they need to be in bed but I also have loved the time and special talks. I know looking back these nights will be a favorite memory of my girls and I hope I'm always close with all my amazing children as they grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment