Friday, December 17, 2010

Daddy Time!

I am writing this fairly late at night and no I'm not still up because of any of the kids or just pure insanity. Nope I'm up late because Daddy and I have been celebrating the start of over 3 weeks of Daddy time.

Today Dad took his last two exams and he is now out till next semester begins in January. I know we're all looking forward to this time with all of us home. Next year we most likely won't get as big a break off for the holidays from hubby's job so we're making the most of it now.

Other than the nervousness of final exams and icy roads this morning, and the excitement of Daddy returning home this afternoon, the rest of the day was fairly relaxed. The kids and I played, read books, colored, and C worked on drawing letters again. J had no accidents throughout the day though he did wet his diaper when he woke up just because he woke up early and didn't make it to the bathroom as quickly as he thought. He recognized this and was upset about it but we moved on and he did great the rest of the day. We plan to continue with pull ups at night and real underwear during the day for a bit anyway (as we did with C) so I am so proud of how well J is doing overall.

E thoroughly enjoyed tummy time, rolling from side to side and squealing with the excitement of picking up speed in her movements. She's been getting so much better with rolling and pushing up and this has made her a much bigger fan of tummy time in general. This is exciting but also makes me nervous since this means she's usually on a blanket on the floor with C and J stomping about as well. I don't leave her unattended of course and C and J have done fairly well at slowing down and keeping their play far enough away from her. They also still will stop playing their "big kid" games to get down on their bellies next to little sis. It's still a little nerve wracking none the less lol. I'm sure as E starts interacting more and more with C and J and trying to find her place in their playtime this combination of excitement and anxiety will grow in turn for me.

I painted two ornaments today for the kids. I mentioned this before but one new Christmas tradition for us is I will paint an ornament for each child with a scene of their choosing or something that represents that year. Then when they eventually are having Christmas at their own houses they will have several ornaments painted by Mommy especially for them to remind them of those times. C wanted a "doggie in the snowy woods with red flowers" and I painted a rabbit in the snow for my baby Bunny (one of E's main nicknames). J is still deciding what he wants thus far he's between a "cat" and "dump truck." Mommy's leaning towards cat lol. I will upload pics of them tomorrow when I get all three finished and sealed.

Yep it was a good day and it's still going with hubby and I talking, watching movies, and playing computer games (we consider these digital dates and haven't had time for this random fun in awhile). I just wanted to get this quick update on the blog during a short break. He's calling me off now so I better go. I may be a bit tired tomorrow but I'm sure it will be worth it and I look forward to having fun with all five of us for the days and weeks ahead. Get some sleep for me and hope you and your families are having a wonderful week before Christmas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment