It's never boring around here but the last few days have seemed so much more calm and less exciting than usual. The time is still going by quickly but everything is just nice and normal routine it seems. I'm sure this is due a lot to hubby's time off winding down, the excitement of the holidays in comparison, and having Daddy around to help I'm sure.
Everyone seems pretty happy with the break and time to relax. Even the kids don't seem to have any complaints about not having any trips, celebrations, or visitors any time soon.
We've had lots of time to just enjoy each other at home without the distractions I think.
This week I've also been able to try some new recipes, crochet more, and play a lot of new games (which santa brought) with the kids. It's been a wonderful week. But I'm not used to this slower pace lol. I have to keep reminding myself with kids slower days are a good thing though my mommy instinct is not used to having all this open time honestly even with everything I'm getting done in addition to the normal routine.
Next week we'll be getting back into our busier days. Hubby will be going back to school for his final round of classes. We'll be going through job applications, figuring out where we're moving, looking at houses, looking at schools, and even most likely buying a new car (SUV or Van soon and Soccer Mom here I come!). It will definitely be a very busy few months to come.
I also want to throw in several play dates, hopefully some new activities around town for the kids, and trips to North and South Ga.
Yep the next few months will be the busy crazy kind of days I honestly love and complain about during but miss so much on slow days like today. My mommy mode is in full swing and so exciting planning already but for now I'm still trying to force myself to relax and take full advantage of hubby's presence the next few days and keep reminding myself....Slower is a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment