Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Little Man, J, is 2.5!



J is 2 and a half today! Even though I knew it was coming with C having turned 3.5 2 days ago, it still tugs on my heart strings to think my little man, my baby boy, is getting so big.

At 2.5 I thought we'd be potty training but since he got that last month I'm blessed to not have to worry about that now. He is still showing me just what a big boy he is in other ways daily though.

Earlier today he was helping me make sandwiches while C was talking to E in her swing. J was so helpful and sweet. I gave him a big hug when we were done and said "Thank you Baby boy" and he quickly corrected me "I'm a big boy Mommy." He took my hands and started swaying in the kitchen so I scooped him up and danced with him. I told him how one day I'll have to look up at him when we dance and asked him if he'd still dance with me when he was taller than me. And of course my beautiful (he prefers handsome) little boy said "I'll always dance with you Mommy!" with all the excitement about dancing that a toddler can muster. Eyes filled with joy, grinning from ear to ear with those dimples beaming. All melting Mommy's heart. I still remember the amazing sensation I had when I first held J in my arms after he was born. I felt like my heart which was so full of love already for C that it might burst, multiplied and grew. I felt one of the most amazing moments as my heart grew once again and not only did I love one child more than life itself, but two....and later three :)

J is still constantly challenging, amazing, and showering me with love.

At 2.5 J is:
-Potty trained! And so proud of his big boy pants.
-Following C around some still but so much more independent
-Loving trucks, trains, robots, cowboys, and all kinds of animals
-Likes to "read" to himself and will often take a book and read one story he's created from it and then create a whole different one when he "reads" it again
-Likes to add sound effects to the stories I read and the ones he reads
-Very sweet but also has a stubborn streak at time and the Thomas temper (as we call it) where his dark brown eyes turn black when he's angry
-Wonderful at making up and giving kisses and hugs to both his sisters
-Likes to sneak in Mommy and Daddy's bed in the morning at the foot of the bed (we offer he come up to the pillows and he won't do it, he prefers the end for some reason)
-Can and will say everything he hears....but sometimes with new people still goes into quiet mode as he judges if he should let them know how much he understands, then once he starts talking won't stop (very similar to Daddy)
-Loves to sing, dance, and jump with big sis
-Says his favorite color is blue, though if he's feeling stubborn will change it to green
-Can count to 100 but if he goes to fast will start repeating some numbers
-Knows most of his letters but still mixes some up when he sees them.
-Can write several of them including those to make up his nickname :)
-Is a lot like Mommy if he's upset, he can still never keep himself from smiling, no matter how hard he tries
-Always watching out for his older and younger sisters already, along with Mommy
-Is very protective of us, and loves to follow and imitate Daddy

I love this age too. It is easier than the 3s in my opinion and a lot of fun (though 3 is fun too just more challenging). I think J acts older than C did at this age, mainly because he learns so much from C and often tries to keep up with her it seems. At 2.5 though he's also coming to a lot of new things on his own and teaching C in return too I think. I look forward to see how J's personality, intelligence, and independence continues to grow as he gets older.



No comments:

Post a Comment