I know I don't do these for my older kids as often as I should but I felt I definitely had to post in honor of C and J's half year birthdays this month.
C is 3.5 officially today. I can't believe 3 and a half years ago, my little princess made me a Mommy! She was such a miracle when she came into the world and has gotten more and more amazing in the years since. C is so smart, the perfect big sis to J and E (though at times a little bossy) and Mommy's helper. I can't believe my first baby is getting to be such a big girl. It makes me a little sad at times but I also love to see each new stage she goes through and watch her grow into the beautiful lady she will someday become.
At 3.5 C is:
-All about Princesses, she's a princess, E's a princess, her favorite books are about princesses and so on and so forth
-Her favorite color is Purple (she says pink is for E and baby girls, purple is for big girls)
-Can count past 100
-Knows all her letters and can write several of them
-Can write her name but still needs a little help (it is 11 letters long after all)
-Can recognize a few words though can't fully read yet (we're planning to start on that later this month)
-Is Mommy's little helper and happiest when she's given "big girl" things to do
-Is still Daddy's Little girl
The other day she was sitting on his lap and I asked if everyone could come to dinner and she replied "Daddy can't eat right now, he has a cute little girl sitting on him."
-Has a stubborn and bossy streak at times (of course she is my child) but is usually super sweet
-Is always looking out for her little brother and her baby sister, she loves holding E and just wishes she could pick her up already (we're not ready for that but when E's older I'm sure C will carry her lots)
-Often goes into "Mini-mommy mode" with everyone
-Loves to "read"
-Loves to paint, color, and help Mommy and Daddy cook
-Loves to model for the camera (she is a princess after all)
-Is in the "cheese" stage, if I want a real smile I cannot say cheese because she can't not do her fake smile if you tell her cheese
-Loves to learn
This is such a wonderful age. Though I will say with all the added intelligence there also comes extra questioning and more rough moments but also lots of wonderful moments too. In my experience the terrible twos are a myth, 3 is the age to watch out for. BUT I wouldn't trade all the tough moments away for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment