Well these have definitely been a hit. The last few days the kids have been enjoying their various pretend roles with costumes (though they also still pretend to be several roles we don't have costumes for as well of course). I thought most likely C would want to be the doctor and J the conductor, due to their recent interests, but they've both been interested in being all different things. They also love to make up stories that incorporate the various professions.
J actually managed to combine the firefighter and doctor outfits the other night so we said he was a doctor who is a volunteer firefighter on the weekends. C wanted to be the train conductor. The story that they created on their own was the train had a little accident and the doctor was there to put out the fire and then check all the passengers and the conductor to make sure they were okay. Then after Dr./Firefighter J knew everyone was okay, Conductor C gave him a train ride back home. Pretty good for a 3 year old and 2 year old to come up with I think.
So today was another dress up day. Lots of new stories and lots more fun. I think I'll definitely be making some outfits to add to the kids play collection in the future. Here's a picture of the kids in a couple of their characters.
C is telling the fire fighter where to spray his extinguisher (at Mommy lol)
No comments:
Post a Comment