A huge part of our trip this past long weekend (for us) was introducing E to her Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. I was surprised though that not only did E love the introduction but C and J got even closer to both hubby's grandparents while we were there. They often were climbing up onto their laps and hugging their knees out of nowhere. They loved it and although it was tiring too I'm sure the grandparents loved it too.
I wish my grandparents were around to see my children now but I feel so blessed to have my husband's family, my extended family, here and involved in my children's lives. Our kids are the only great grandchildren for now and it's such a joy to see them making these memories.
One of the sweetest points amongst the weekend was when C and J started making birthday cards for Grandma and Grandpa. They brought one to Great Grandpa and C said "Here you go this is for your birthday. I think you're going to be 5. I love you!" Yes her concept of time may be a little off there but it was precious to see. In February Great Grandpa will be turning 90 actually but this was a bit more than C realized lol.
Here's some pics of the weekend and our 3rd Christmas celebration.
The kids on the Piano (one of their favorite 'toys'
E and Great Grandma (her name sake)
The kids with the Great Grandparents
Opening presents
E's version of opening.....
My present and her new bunny slippers, perfect for bunny baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment