Today was long and not the funnest day I'll admit. E has been going through a growth spurt and her sleep schedule got very off the last few days, in turn making my schedule off, and C and J's schedules were affected by mine.
Last night after the monthly ICAN meeting E fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept all night. Then woke us bright and early today. Now though E is back on her normal schedule as are we, C, J, and I did not feel as ready for the drastic change back just yet. So this day begun with two tired toddlers,a Mommy who would love to crawl back into bed with them, and a 4 month old ready to take on the world.
C and J were not in the mood for many things. They were not as patient as usual and overall not their friendly happy selves with one another. E on the other hand, wanted our attention constantly. She was ready to play, roll, and be held even more than usual. And wanted me in her line of sight constantly.
It felt as the day progressed and I did chores, made meals, called various offices to work out our appointments for the next month or so, and tried to keep C and J peaceful with E on my hip....everything that could happen badly did.
Nothing was going right and I counted down the hours till hubby would be home. Then to top it off. Hubby called to say he was on his way then called an hour later to say something had come up and now he was really on his way. *Sigh*
J finally had a nap, Daddy came home, and things began to improve, but I am definitely very worn out and amazed I haven't collapsed on the bed yet. But what has kept me up. What amazes me more than anything still is even though it was one of those days, even though right now I'm listing complaints about it, I still loved it.
Maybe this is the crazy component of motherhood but I still look at my precious babes and think of the wonderful moments of today and hold them so much more important that the tough parts.
While juggling chores and children I found myself at one point stuck for an hour with E on my chest. I had to let the laundry sit and coral the toddlers verbally instead of physically but it was so wonderful to watch this precious babe asleep on me. C and J even noted the peace and came over, stopped their bickering and kissed their baby sis on the head.
Later J pretended he was Daddy or as he put it "Look Mommy I'm a Guy," as he wore Daddy's gaming headphones and I couldn't help but laugh.
C and E played with C's dolls while J napped and then when he woke up they played peacefully and happily together.
And all of it worked out.
Now I know this post is not exciting but it's a reminder to me and my children as parents themselves some days, you will have "those days." What's important is to not let the stress and challenges make you give up. This too shall pass. Move forward and focus on the amazing moments in between. And see the happiness in those days and in every day.
Luckily for me my beautiful amazing kids, even at their....most trying, can't help to amaze me and make me happy, for every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment