Okay this may seem like a boring topic but I am so excited about this today so figured I could share.
Today was gloomy, cold, and wet. The kids and I were trapped inside and Daddy had a meeting so didn't get home till late, but two things that arrived in the mail brightened our day
Our first little delivery was E's new cloth diapers arrived. We have quite the collection of AIO (all-in-ones), pocket diapers, and prefolds but E (at 16lbs) has now outgrown her BumGenius Size 1 AIOs and prefolds so we bought some Kawaii Pocket Diapers which many of my friends have raved about and are affordable and One size fits all. We've been using Chlorine free disposables the past week or so and I am so ready to get back to cloth! As is E since I've seen a little more irritation on her bottom from the disposable that she's never had with the cloth.
C and J were excited to open and look at E's new cloth stash and these are definitely well made diapers that should even last for future kids down the road so I'm very excited!
Our second piece of mail which was truly a blessing was a small postcard from Blue Cross confirming we have been accepted for coverage, starting tomorrow! I mentioned this on FB but have to share how big a deal this is for us.
Almost 4 years ago when hubby and I married we got our first family insurance policy through GT. It was awesome. Full well care, maternity, and emergency care. It was great. The first year on it was great. Every bill was covered. Copay was very low. It covered all the special circumstances of C's birth and after care. It was awesome.
Well it was also too good to last. The following year the company switched hands and switched their plan. Absolutely no well care! J arrived soon after and we were paying all baby visits for C and J out of pocket. Now thankfully with some help from our family we could afford it but as many parents know the majority of baby care visits to the doctor are the first 2 years (after 2 years it becomes annual visits only). I've had doctor's visits just for J where with shots and just general check up (seeing our horrible pediatrician at the time) was $900! And then we had to see him again in 2 more months. It was awful.
We applied for BCBS then. And were denied coverage for a preexisting condition with C and because our pediatrician at the time couldn't give the company enough information on the issue.
They offered to cover hubby, J, and I but not C. It was heartbreaking honestly, and not worth it for us because C was still having ENT followup visits at the time, and we didn't know what emergencies might arise with her, if any.
Well we were blessed to find a better doctor (better bedside manner, more knowledgeable, so thorough, and her office charges were better too, though still out of pocket).
Now though, Thanks to the new Health Care Reform we finally were able to reapply and were accepted and are now covered! We have an awesome plan that covers everything and I'm soooooo ecstatic. I'll admit I don't agree with everything Obama does and I don't think this act is perfect but I am so thankful we can finally get private insurance for our family! Such a blessing! If you never been denied coverage for a family member just know this is a huge deal, worth celebrating!
So despite the cold, rainy, day I'm definitely feeling wonderful and bright! Thanks to the mail!
No comments:
Post a Comment