Monday, April 18, 2011

To Do List for Easter

This is more for my planning. I can't believe for so long Easter seemed so far away and now it's less than a week from now and I find myself scrambling to get ready.

With all the focus on in-laws and hubby's last couple weeks before he has his degree I've been distracted to say the least. We still don't know for sure where we'll be next weekend other than with family.

The choices are to NC to visit hubby's grandparents (along with the in-laws) which would be wonderful, but a bit of a drive and my likelihood of car sickness makes me a bit weary at the thought. And to North GA to visit my Dad and family there....which is a shorter drive and no overnight time spent away but honestly I do not feel welcomed by one family member who would also be in attendance and though I don't want to let one person keep me away from everyone and spending the holiday with my Dad the idea of her drama makes me a little sick to my stomach too.

*Sigh* who knows. Maybe we'll stay home and try and celebrate locally some how or have our own egg hunt in the back yard.

I'll admit the last option sounds the easiest, but since we could be potentially moving far enough away that next year an Easter visit would mean a plane ride instead of car to visit NC or North GA I'm torn if we should attempt more this year.

The rest of my to do list for the holiday include figuring out food, eggs, bunny gifts, and clothing for wherever we end up going. I have some cute casual wear/tutus and a cute set for J for the kids but those won't work for going to church, just after.

I did do well at buying everything in advance craft wise for Easter so the kids have lots of activities for daily crafts later in the week.

I feel somehow prepared and not, mainly I think because I don't know our weekend plans. Hopefully we'll figure that out sooner rather than later.

Either way though I know as long as we're together the holiday will be wonderful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment