Saturday, April 9, 2011

A day at Mil's/aka Ibu's

Today we spent the day at my Mil's apartment aka Ibu's.

Ibu is currently staying at a local apartment in between going to visit the SIL's in NC and KY. Home for my in-laws is Indonesia but MIL has been spending more time in the states the last few years as I've mentioned in previous posts.

Anyway the kids enjoyed the change of scenary and time to reconnect with Ibu a bit. They also loved the reunion with Ibu's cat Oafie (who is Ami's cat Zeus' great niece).

We all enjoyed the slower day of playing, watching some movies, having some different food, and spending time away from the house. Though we love our daily routine I'll admit it's easy to get stir crazy, especially with a muddy backyard and the smallest trips away can help give us all a nice break.

Once again I forgot my camera but making memories without it was awesome too.

One big development was E stood for her longest time on her own yet!!!! Well over 5 seconds when Daddy let go! And of course no camera to grab to capture the moment, figures but I'll try and get more pics of this development in the next few days.

Another amusing moment of the day was when Ibu was playing with E and getting really close to her then pulling back. She went in close and E bit her nose! There were 2 little teeth marks on one side. It was unfortunate but funny too. Before this E has only bit me while eating and toys with her teething. I'm hoping this will not be a habit but it was definitely a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment