Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello Beautiful Spring.....and Allergies

So still catching up on the North GA posts and last week's updates but we've been welcoming April and gorgeous weather so the blog has had to wait a bit.

We seem to finally be cough and congestion free (from that evil cold of two weeks ago!). The kids only had any issues at night when the drainage would back up it seemed and nothing during the day but I am very thankful for not waking up to my babies' coughs in the middle of the night.

Spring is definitely in full bloom and it is gorgeous out, but also all the pollen has come with the season. Hubby's allergies are notorious and usually almost knock him out. Well this year hubby has relief! Some new meds are doing the job for him and he's been out mowing the grass with the flora raging with no issues. But surprise this year though I never have had allergies I've been hit. Sinus headaches and stuffiness galore when I step outside or the windows are open which I can take nothing for. Awesome. I have been using the saline and humidifier and though this isn't fun it has given me a lot more sympathy for hubby's ailment. He's so sweet giving me a cold rag for my head before bed but in the same breath mentioning "Well I told you it wasn't fun." Lol. I hope this doesn't last all Spring.

We were planning a perfect Spring Barbecue yesterday with MIL but it fell through due to some issues with her back. I'm hoping tonight we can still break out the grill for us and I'm hoping to make some Strawberry shortcake. Such perfect Spring weather for cooking outside (as long as the bees stay away).

We're looking forward to an exciting upcoming week. Ami's going to come visit us the day after her birthday to celebrate. We also have several appointments and meetings, including my monthly ICAN meeting.

April is CAM/Cesarean Awareness Month sponsored by the International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN). "It is a time for awareness for all pregnant women, all mothers, and all women everywhere. The risks of surgery are not felt only by the women who have cesareans, but by our society as a whole. We owe those women the access to knowledge and the availability of information and support." And the Atlanta ICAN chapter has lots of stuff planned to promote this cause.

Well I want to get back outside and enjoy more of this beautiful day. As the kid's song says "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" It applies for every day but on gorgeous days like today I'm reminded even more of his glory and many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment