Sunday, April 17, 2011

In-Laws and Job Apps.

Our big activity today was reintroducing the kids to Pak (aka Daddy's Daddy) who is in the states for a couple weeks on break from his work in Indonesia. Hubby and I enjoyed seeing his Dad again of course but the kids were over the moon excited to play, challenge, and test this "new" person.

I've mentioned before but my father-in-law work for an American company in Indonesia and hubby and his sisters grew up there. Since hubby's closest sister is in college now and there's grandbabies to visit MIL has spend a lot more time in the states the last couple years and has a local apartment but FIL is still back in Indo and only gets to come visit on breaks.

These breaks aren't as often as we'd like but are very appreciated when they happen. Hopefully we can make the most of his time in town this week and we are still figuring out Easter plans since we will be spending it with either hubby's or my extended family.

Another big exciting development hubby's been working on is the job applications (while in school he has been working as a research assistant at GT). A few applications were sent off last week and a couple more went out today. It's exciting and nerve-wracking as Daddy applies and we wait hopefully for a great position and to find out where we will be living! There are several local positions as well as some cross country ones as well but it will all depend on what's offered of course. We are praying a lot and I'm trusting that God will lead our family wherever we're meant to be. Local would be easier of course but if that's not His plan then I'm sure we will be blessed wherever we go as long as we are faithful to Him and are together.

All prayers are appreciated as we approach this turning point in our lives together!

Time is flying by and hubby will be done with his degree in a little over 2 weeks! Isn't that crazy?! I feel we've been working towards this so long and it's amazing that it's almost here now! Definitely a blessing and I know we wouldn't be here without God's help and guidance! We are so blessed and I know God has more wonderful things in store for our family in the year to come.

I'll be keeping family and friends updated as soon as we know more about our plans!
And wishing you all a wonderful week and Happy Easter (one week till!).

No comments:

Post a Comment