Thursday, April 14, 2011

Looooong Day

Today has been very long, thus why I find myself blogging at only 5:03pm most likely. C and J did not want to go to sleep last night so we stayed up a little later. E was fine going to bed as normal. Do you see where this is going? Yep bright and early this morning E woke C, J, and I up even earlier than usual.

Then while Miss E was having her mid morning nap of course we were all wide awake. This put the two big kids off the rest of the morning. MIL was supposed to come over and bring lunch but that fell through at the last minute. Hubby locked himself out of the car so she did bring him a spare key.

About halfway through E's nap teething reared it's ugly head :( She started waking up for a few minutes, drooling and gnawing on everything. Then she'd finally relax and go back to sleep only to wake again and go through the whole thing all over again. Poor baby.

After she finally gave up on napping came the increased nursing sessions, clinginess, gumming every toy in sight, and other general fun of teething

While all this was going on C and J have been nice but definitely testing Mommy in their tiredness and mine. For example let's clean our rooms then dump the entire toy chest out again. They know we don't see No to Mommy and Daddy but in the clever tired place they kind of test saying everything but that. "I'll do it later Mommy," "But I don't want to," etc.

And of course I get the dreaded call which seems destined to come on days like today that hubby will be home late. *Sigh*

Anyway though I'm venting here I still see how these longer days are few and far between and how blessed we are.

Some things I'm especially thankful for today on a positive note.

  • What a good nurser E is and that I'm still able to breastfeed her at almost 7 months old (she'll be 7 months tomorrow)
  • That C and J get along so well and work so well together, yes even when planning together against me lol
  • That my children are so smart, healthy, and beautiful. That they have the energy to run me ragged even.
  • That I was blessed with a voice that carries (that comes in handy when the kids split their efforts of mischief across the house).
  • That we're in a nice big house versus our tiny apartment of previous days. Space is key with kids, especially today!
  • That my amazing husband will soon be done with school and God is guiding us in our search for the best job for him, hopefully in the best place for our family.
  • That my little E is growing well and getting her teeth, though I wish it didn't hurt her so much.
  • That the laundry is done!
  • That I bought groceries yesterday lol.
  • That I have a working air conditioner!
  • That my family is so blessed and I am, beyond belief :)

The list goes on and on and I may add to it more later, but off to cook dinner. It seems even on the longest days though I have so much to be thankful for I can't focus on the stress for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment