Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Menu

Not much time to write as we prepare for the feast at our house tomorrow so I just wanted to share our menu for now. I'll add our recipes later and link the allrecipe ones:

  • Turkey-We will be having two this year, one in brine and grilled by hubby and one roasted in the oven with stuffing inside.
  • Stuffing-MIL's recipe I'll get after tomorrow
  • Gravy-Made from scratch with Turkey Drippings
  • Hawaiian Rolls-Packaged but hubby's favorite so a must have in this house
  • Frozen Fruit Medley-This is a tradition of hubby's side, it's super yummy, refreshing as an appetizer, and the kids love it of course.
  • Pineapple Casserole-Another dish from hubby's side, super simple and a kid favorite again. Will add recipe later too 
  • Green Bean Casserole-Easy, classic again
  • Mashed Potatoes-From scratch, potatoes, cream, butter, salt, chicken broth is optional  
  • Deviled Eggs-My mom is bringing these. Ingredients: Eggs, Mayo, mustard, dill relish or salad cubes, paprika on top optional. If you're from the South this doesn't require a recipe it's just a combination of the above to taste
  • Sweet Potato Casserole-My mom is bringing this too and makes a really good one. I will upload her recipe after tomorrow.
  • Cornbread Dressing-Another one of my mom's recipes I'll add later. This can be made vegetarian as well if needed.
  • Pecan Pie-Pretty straight forward again we use a recipe similar to this one though usually with more pecans added. 
  • Hot Apple Cider-Mom's combo again
  • Pumpkin Pie-From Scratch using the recipe I mentioned earlier this week and fresh pumpkin puree
  • Cranberry Sauce-Fresh made not canned (super easy to make again)
Hope you all have a wonderful meal and more importantly a wonderful time celebrating with your family! May your holiday be filled with lots of love and many things to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment