Monday, November 29, 2010

3 days till Bday/Before 25

My birthday is this Thursday! 25 seems so big and like it got here so fast and yet when I think about how much has happened in the last 25 years I think it seems like much more time has passed.

I know it's not the big 3-0 but it seems so close to it that I'll admit it makes me a little nervous. It's also a quarter of a century, crazy to think about. As I mentioned before it also means I move from the 18-24 to 25-30 check box on forms so that must mean it's a big deal right?

Anyway tomorrow should be pretty busy schedule wise and Wednesday I have the Midtown ICAN meeting, so I'm writing this now while I have extra time. I wanted to look back at some of the key things I've gotten done in my life before 25. Definitely not writing everything by any means but some key things that come to mind. And I'll probably add more to this later.

I was inspired to write these down after coming across several lists of "things people wished they had done before 30." Also since 30 is (eeeek) 5 years away I plan to make another list later of all the things I want to get done before 30 too.

Before 25 I :
-Got a High School Diploma
-Got a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in 3 years (yay APs)
-Attended the Olympics
-Went to Washington DC
-Traveled to Indonesia and Australia (and Singapore but just the airport lol)
-Worked at a Candy Store, Television Station (editing, designing, and reporting), and on a Gubernatorial Campaign (There's some variety for ya lol)
-Met the Love of my life
-Married the Love of my life
-Became a Mommy
-Gave birth to 3 amazing children
-Had 2 c-sections, and then a natural VBA2C, yes I'm proud of that
-Was Saved (aka found my religion) at 19
-Learned another language (though I don't trust myself to speak it since I haven't in awhile I can understand most Spanish, and also know a little Indonesian)
-Did Volunteer Work with Habitat for Humanity (need to do more)
-Gave Blood
-Lived in 3 homes other than my parents' (2 apartments and our current house)
-Hosted my own Thanksgiving (:-P)

No comments:

Post a Comment