Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas Sales......and Style

Okay I may just be late to the party but I do not remember "Cyber Monday" before this year. Advertised as the online equivalent to Black Friday and an opportunity to get great deals it seems it's actually more of a reminder that those deals you may have thought were so good on Friday were actually not as good as the ones they released 3 days later....hmmmmm. I luckily did not really participate in the black Friday shopping but today Cyber Monday had me feeling more nervous then anything.

Wait I thought last Friday was the best deal? It wasn't, okay but today is right? How can I trust that? I'm sure within a couple days we'll have another round of Last Chance Christmas Sales popping up with even better deals. I think I need to plan what I want to get the kids for Christmas 2011 now and buy it on the 26th this year for the actual best deal. Then again all those items will most likely be retired for newer models by next year and then it won't be worth it again. Argh at the vicious cycle.

ETA Not a hour after writing this I got a couple emails from some stores now extending their "Cyber Monday" Deals to tomorrow. I was right. I shall dub this new sale day "Technicality Tuesday."

Anyway I didn't fall prey to the "Best sales" today...too much anyway. Santa did get some things from Toys R Us and Mommy got some hats and bows from Etsy that actually were an awesome deal (though necessity of that purchase is debatable). Note: Having daughters is dangerous for your wallet, though now that I think about it having kids in general is though definitely worth it of course lol.

Though this wasn't a purchase today we got the kids Christmas outfits this weekend. I'm not going for the handmade items like I did last year (though C and J's outfits actually still fit if I have a more formal event to get them out again) but the kids will be matching of course (the girls have almost identical sets and J has coordinating wear). Since the girls are getting more bows with their outfits recently I've been balancing J's wardrobe with hats. Last night my mom brought him a train hat which may be his favorite yet.

It's funny to me how C and J's styles have changed and their clothing preferences have evolved so much already. C is all about red (favorite color), pink, purple, and her skirts and dresses which make her into a princess in her mind, But despite this trend towards the girly, the outfit has to be as comfortable as possible because it has to allow her to run, flip, jump, climb, and everything else she could imagine. J is all about things with pockets and characters. He loves jeans which he has a huge collection of thanks to his cousins hand me downs with all variety of pockets, zippers, and buttons. He knows his colors but doesn't have a color preference in what he wears....unless it matches Daddy anyway. If he has his choice though he wants to be able to tell you something is on his shirt. It may be a dog, dump truck, train, Elmo, Scooby Doo, etc. whichever he will be excited to tell you what it is and more about it's color and various features than the color of the actual shirt.

I wonder if E will have a similar view to either of her big siblings as she gets older. It's so nice I can just dress her as I please for now, and I am thankful C and J, despite their preferences still humor me and let me help choose their outfits (often to match little sis). I know before I know it all my little ones will have their own distinct style and I will have to deal with it whether I love or hate the results.

Anyway back on topic I still need to get the kids some nice new Winter coats and some educational and craft gear from the School box store. I also need to buy some family members gifts, including hubby. Wish me luck on choosing (and not going overboard on hubby, since the things he likes, computer gear and anything woodworking related are very easy for me to get carried away on)! Hope yall are doing well with your Christmas shopping too!

No comments:

Post a Comment