Monday, May 30, 2011

I miss you Aunt Ruth

Monday started out as the normal memorial day/Monday. My mom stayed the day with us since she had the holiday off and was already in town for the party yesterday. The kids and her had lots of fun and made us biscuits from scratch before Daddy and I woke up. I got to play with my camera some and we all had fun just relaxing and hiding from the heat. The day was over in no time it seemed as Ami headed home again.

All was well and when Ami called a little after 9 I just thought it was to let us know she was home. I was wrong.

I could hear the knowing sadness in her voice and that slight shake of having to say something you really don't want to. I knew something was wrong right away.

My Aunt Ruth (my father's oldest sister) who is part of the reason for E's middle name, who watched me many times as a child, and is part of many of my favorite adult and childhood memories passed away Sunday night from a heart attack and was found Monday Morning :(

I'm still in shock she's gone even though I'm writing the post a couple days later and just adding it for Monday now (I couldn't get the words out before, it made it too real).

She is/was an amazing woman. She had so much love for everyone in her life and always let me know how much she loved and was proud of me. She was sweet as can be, always positive, but also stubborn and would call you on any nonsense. She put so much of herself into everything she did, her church, her cooking, her gardening, and of course her family.

She had the most beautiful garden in her yard as well as many african violets and other indoor plants, and many years grew fresh veggies as well. She definitely had a green thumb and more energy than many teenagers I know.

I miss her so much and keep thinking how we drove past her house a couple weeks ago but didn't want to surprise her in case she had company or wasn't feeling well so we planned to visit a couple weeks later. Now that's too late. The last time I talked to her on the phone she told me how amazing my kids are and to keep having babies because having a family was the best thing she ever did. I wish I'd had the opportunity to tell her we were, but I'm sure she knows and is watching over us still.

I am so blessed to have had her in my life and I know someday we will meet again, though right now I just miss her so much. I love you and miss you Aunt Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment