Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dinosaurs and a Rock Wonderland

Today we started the day with an awesome breakfast at a local favorite Bluegrass Grill which was wonderful and I totally will recommend to all visiting the area. Then we braved the heat to go the Chattanooga Zoo. It was really fun though smaller than the Atl one. Something they had that the Atl one didn't was Dinosaurs! Robotic dinos that is. Though to my 3 and 2 year olds they were cool and overwhelming either way. C was nervous around them, but J was head over heels waving to them and telling me which ones liked him because they made noises or moved toward him when he went up to them lol. The rest of the zoo was a success too and the kids loved seeing the monkeys and parrots that reminded them of Rio, an owl that reminded them of Ami, and the leopards, peacocks, and other various creatures that were not shy at all.

We were pretty worn out after the Zoo but not ready to head back to the hotel yet. So we took a drive up to Rock City. I have a bit of a fear of heights I hinted to yesterday when recalling the Incline Railway so I'd planned to avoid Rock City but today got the guts to check it out and I think this may be my favorite part of this trip. It was beautiful and perfect warmth and coolness since we went later in the day.

Lots of gorgeous trails and formations, amazing views of several states, beautiful waterfall, and a story book village in the caves. The kids loved it all. Only complaint would be the swinging bridge which wouldn't have been as bad for me if some inconsiderate idiots hadn't been behind us. Everything else was wonderful.

Also I'm proud to say that I with Ergo on me and E inside were able to fit through "Fat Man's Squeeze" a tiny crack between some rocks which C and J could reach both sides with their hands without raising their arms at all. Glad I made it through and didn't try that one a few months from now lol.

It was enchanting and definitely the perfect end to a wonderful day. To add to the perfection Daddy bought me 6 wooden roses before we left which I love :)

Pictures in following posts

No comments:

Post a Comment