Friday, May 27, 2011

Trails and an Ibu Visit

Today was gorgeous out despite last night's storm so hubby woke us up bright and early for an adventure.

We went to the Silver Comet Trail again, this time taking both kids bikes (last time C's had a flat). It was the perfect temperature out with just enough breeze and humidity. There were also a few trees down across the path though which we had to avoid.

I wore E in the Ergo as usual and wasn't as good at keeping pace with the kids on their bikes and hubby at the front of our little train so we kinda split halfway through and J and Daddy were at the front and C, E, and I were at the back.

C is definitely a mini-Mommy as I've said before so she was very caring and cautious as always and wanted to wait for E and I to make sure she "didn't lose us." She also is a runner it seems. She often wanted to get off her bike and run a little ahead then stop and wait for us then run some more. She kept telling me how much she loved running to the extent that when I asked she stayed on the bike she moved her arms as if power walking (but on a bike) and told me to do the same saying "This is how you pretend you're running fast" LOL.

We met up with Daddy and J again before heading back and Daddy took the Ergo and carried E on his back the rest of the way back. It's amazing what losing 20lbs in a couple minutes did for my pace lol. It was a gorgeous day and we all finished the walk/ride refreshed as well as a little tired but that good kind of tired you get out after lots of exercise and fresh air.

We next went over to Ibu's house for a visit, swimming at her apartments' pool, and dinner after. This was our first time at an outdoor pool this year and seemed to officially start the Summer. The kids loved it as did hubby and I. It was definitely hot enough for it and C and J are getting better and better with their swimming efforts every time they get in a pool. I'm sure we'll be going back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment