We got here around 2 and spent a lot of time just exploring. After checking in at the hotel we had to make a Walmart run to get breakfast stuff, snacks, and swim suits for the kids since I forgot theirs.
When we got back we ate a really good burger place Cheeburger Cheeburger (my veggie burger was wonderful :) ) and then fit in some firsts to start off the trip.
First :P we went to the theater to see Rio. This was C, J, and E's first movie theater experience actually other than the Deepo show at the Atlanta Aquarium for the older two, and they were much more impressed with this. Also I must note I forgot it was Monday but this is the PERFECT time to go to the cinema with kids. The theater audience was us and 1 more kid and adult. Despite less people though the kids were great. They loved the story and music. E seemed to enjoy the music and bright colors too though she luckily slept through the first half. There was a couple points I questioned some choices of the writers on certain jokes or one song but overall it was a lot of fun.
Also I must go a little off topic and say I was not impressed with the commercials for upcoming movies. It seems like there's a lot of "kids movies" that are going too far on the innuendos. I get they may be wanting to appeal to adults too and maybe I'm just a prude but hubby and I were looking at each other during the previews several time with that specific look of "Did they really just say/do that?!?!" and needless to say our kids will not be going to see the majority of those. I just don't get what's up with the movie industry right now they feel that is necessary comparing to the major films of my youth like Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc. which were truly G/PG.
Anyway end rant and back to the day. After the movie we went back to the hotel and after asking for what felt like all day I finally got to tell C and J "Yes we can go swimming now." This was E's first time in the pool and in a bathing suit and though she didn't know what to think at first she warmed up to the concept quickly and loved it. C and J both can swim a little but we brought their life jackets for this first time in so they could both be a little more independent. They loved being able to swim/dog paddle/tread water to chase each other, Daddy, and me and E. I'm sure we'll be going back again soon.
I'll add photos later but need to get to bed now. Hubby has hang gliding bright and early then lots of family fun planned for the rest of the day! Hope yall are having a great week!
Just thinking on it now, I kept forgetting it was Monday all day long, maybe that's the sign of a truly great Monday-You don't realize it is a Monday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment