Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day or Mother's Week :)

Today was wonderful, being with my family seeing MIL in the morning and my Mom this evening. It wasn't our original plan or hubby's I guess though. Though I loved just going out to a nice meal with the kids and him and then up to North Ga he has officially rescheduled Mother's Day for next Sunday due to our house issues and has also spread out some of the celebrating throughout the week.

Can't say I mind a week of celebrating Mamas instead of just the one day, I think we've earned it lol :)

I am so thankful for my healthy smart beautiful babies. C made me a Mommy first but each child has helped me grow as a person and taught me about them, the world, and myself so much already. I can't wait to see what they, and the little ones yet to arrive, have yet to teach me. I love them so much and am so amazed by them every day.

I am so thankful for my Mom who showed me how to love so unconditionally. Who taught me to be a good person and a mother in her words and actions. She is so incredible and I am amazed how much she gives of herself to everyone she loves, her children, grandchildren and even the adopted children and grandchildren she's picked up through her friendships.

I am thankful for my Mother-in-law who challenges me at time but I also know would always fight for what's best for me, my kids, and our family. She is such a strong woman and I thank her for raising my husband but also for helping teach me and help me become a stronger person and better mom.

I am also thankful for all the mothers who've come before in my life. My grandmothers who loved me and raised my parents. My sister Robi who showed me motherhood while juggling her six blessings and all her other endeavors, always going above and beyond in everything she does. My sister-in-law Tammy who though I haven't seen in too long is so wonderful doing everything and anything her kids need. I can tell by their smiles in pics and that glow they get around their mom of pure unbridled joy that she's a wonderful mom and their lives are filled with love.

My friends and cousins who are mothers. In so many different situations, places, but once again loving their kids so much and doing whatever they can to make their babes as happy and healthy as possible.

Whether we agree on everything when it comes to parenting or more than likely not I know we all agree on how incredible it is to be a mom, how amazing our little ones are no matter how big or little they are, and putting our children's well being first. What a blessing to be a mom and know so many wonderful mothers! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment