I try and make the most of every day and feel we usually do really well. You know excepting the sudden storms or the one in a million "those days" (the trying extra challenging days where simpler is better at the end to retain sanity lol). Today though we definitely made the most of the day.
We had a doctors appointment in Norcross this morning and a playdate in Sandy Springs afterward. Since we currently just have the sedan (we were using MIL's SUV but she's out of town for a bit) so fitting the kids all in is a tight squeeze I try to avoid I decided to just take C and E and since Daddy had the day off J got a much needed Boys' Day.
Traffic was annoying. The doctor's office wait wasn't the best but clean bill of health. Then the play date after was lots of fun for both the girls making new friends. Now that E can crawl play becomes much more fun. Time flew by and I couldn't believe how quickly it was already 2. C was a bit worn out but also loved it.
On the way home we were going to grab a snack and C got the idea to surprise Daddy and J with something special so we got some food and Strawberry milkshakes.
When we arrived home we were greeted so sweetly by Daddy and J with a surprise of their own! They cleaned the house for us while away, amid their other adventures lol.
Of course C proceeded to spill milk shake on the freshly cleaned kitchen floor later but we still appreciated the gesture lol.
We played more and then all crashed for a nap. We were all worn out but it was worth it.
I was supposed to make the ICAN meeting tonight but missed it to spend more time with the family, and though I miss seeing those ladies too definitely feel like the choice to stay home was needed and the perfect end to an awesome day.
Tomorrow hubby has a full day planned so it will be C, J, E, and I at home again but I look forward to making the most of the home day after the day out.
No comments:
Post a Comment