The title says it all. Today continued us dealing with this cold, fever, snotty crud. I know two days isn't much but I'm so over this and ready for the kids to be.
Luckily hubby didn't have any appointments or classes today and could stay home. Tomorrow he will be gone all day and I'm praying we're okay without him. E has been in a super clingy mood but *knock on wood* still well. C is better but still a bit snotty and had a mild fever when she woke up. J got the worst of it today. This makes sense since he didn't show any symptoms till C had had it for 12 hours already so C had her rough bit yesterday and his was today. Of course for him it's worse though because age and weight wise C can take better meds than J can for it.
Lots of fluids, naps, movies, books, and patience today for sure. And not to blame since I can't be sure, but I saw some of the same symptoms my kids have now the other day unfortunately in some kids they played with so I think this may have been passed to us. This is one more reminder why I don't take my kids out sick though I'm sure the mom didn't mean it and thought it was probably just allergies or fever-less.
I will give a mini vent though. 2009 at our apartment playground a mom brought her very sick little girl out and she was begging to go home and go to sleep. She told us (the other parents and I) we probably wanted to keep our kids away from her daughter because she was acting sick. Then went on to tell us her older daughter had confirmed H1N1 a few days before. Come on people, it's not rocket science if you know your kid is sick a playground is probably not the best place for them just saying.
On the other hand the majority of moms I know and the ones in our playgroup last year are/were always very considerate about keeping kids that might be sick home and even waiting the recommended times after before visiting/inviting folks over and I am still thankful for that. And on an even brighter note I know this too shall pass and could be worse despite how miserable we currently are. And I thank God that our kids immune systems are fighting this and they are getting better slowly but surely and thus far we've been blessed that it's missed E, hubby, and I. I wish you well, and us too.
This to shall pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment