......My wonderful hubby and I started dating officially and had our first kiss.
I am so amazed to look back on the last 8 years. Through everything from being highschool sweethearts, to doing the long distance relationship, to newly weds, first time parents, and now. Through all the changes, challenges, trials, and joys we've been there for each other.
When hubby and I started dating I hoped as any young girl does that it would have the fairy tale ending but I still am amazed he was and is the one! I feel so blessed to have found my soul mate so young but even just saying he's my soul mate doesn't say enough. He's my confidant, husband, partner in parenting, partner in crime, teacher at times, the one who keeps me grounded, my comedian/jester, my biggest fan and best critic, my lover, my protector, provider, and truly my best friend. He constantly amazes me with what a wonderful father and husband he is, his intelligence and ability to create his wood and engineering projects, his wit (and at times sarcasm lol), the way that smile and gleam in his eye brightens my whole day as cheesy as that sounds, and what an incredible person he is (though most people don't get to see it till they get past his quieter first appearance).
We are still opposites in a lot of ways and so alike in others, but it all comes together and we just fit it seems. Sometimes I think of our relationship as a reminder of God's sense of humor lol, but I wouldn't change one moment for all the world. I can't believe it's been only 8 years now that I think about it, that we came into each others lives. And I am looking forward to the rest of our lives together.
No comments:
Post a Comment