Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yard Sale, Home School, and the Mall

Today was busy but a lot of fun!

I got up bright and early to make it to my doula's mom's yard sale and it was soooooo worth the waking and the drive. This amazing woman has 10 children and just finished home schooling her 10th so she was getting rid of tons of books and I came away with quite a stash! Learning games, work books, study guides, all for a very good price!

Then my doula also had some of her kids' outgrown clothes for sale and she added those (plus a nice top for me), a book on aviation book for hubby, and a George Foreman grill to our purchase for next to nothing (really!).

It was awesome and when we got home I played a few of the math games with C and J and they loved them even more than I do, I know I'll be using these for years to come.

Our current plan on the homeschool front is to officially start homeschool Pre-K with C and J this fall and then see how each handles it and how far forward they may want to go. Depending on how they do this year and where we are next year we'll see if we continue homeschooling or maybe add the K12 online program to our curriculum. The kids have already learned so much in our less structured daily learning time I can't wait to see how they handle more info thrown in and I love spending the time with them teaching.

Anyway back to today :P

That afternoon we met up with MIL/Ibu and hubby's younger sister at the Mall and she decided to splurge on the kids a bit (understatement lol). She got them so much cute stuff. C was especially excited to add to her dress collection since she's in a stage right now where she only wants skirts or dresses ("princess clothes" as she calls them). It was a nice outing with the family and the rain came in right as we were leaving so good timing.

When I got home all this inspired me to purge and put away all the outgrown kids clothes to make room for the new stuff. It was bittersweet putting lots of the stuff away but also exciting I get to use most of the items over again soon!

Overall we all had a wonderful day and are looking forward to Father's Day festivities tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment