We started with one of hubby's favorite breakfast meals, breakfast burritos with turkey sausage, onions, and peppers. Then I finished the cake decoration (made the main carrot cake the day before, then cupcakes and cookie this morning before icing it all). The theme was hang gliding from hubby's recent hobby. I came up with the design last week and made the background/board yesterday. I put the cookie on top of the main cake and cut and iced it to look like a hang glider from above and I decorated the cupcakes as trees. It was pretty cool and hubby was surprised and pretty impressed. Also it all tasted awesome!
Here's a phone pic of the hang gliding cake:

We had turkey bacon, BLTs and potato salad for lunch all followed with cake.
The kids and I picked out gifts for Daddy yesterday (fairly last minute but perfect for our almost 3 and 4 year olds lol). Daddy got lots of random camping goodies the kids liked for various random cute reasons lol, a compass, a model helicopter with a camera on it, and the big thing was a soccer net and a couple regulation balls for him and the kids to use! Everyone is very excited about breaking the last one in tomorrow.
We had some fun in the backyard and then more yummy stuff for dinner with Zucchini noodles and 7 layer dip.
We were all worn out, very full, and happy by the bedtime and I'm ready to dose with the rest of them. I'll try and upload some more pics later in the week. I'm so glad Daddy had a great day and we got to celebrate with him :) Now to finish planning for Father's day :P
No comments:
Post a Comment