Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mommy's Birthday Cake Adventures

On C's first birthday I was a bit more protective as a parent....and I was 38 weeks pregnant (scheduled to have J 2 days later) so keeping things safer and quieter was important to us. So C's first birthday cake was a very good organic cake, home made icing, made with pineapple juice and pineapples (still one of her favorite foods so we still have pineapple chicken on her birthday).
*As an extra note we always have Sloppy Jos for J and Ravioli for E now.

Well C's 2nd birthday I opened up and bought really colorful cupcakes, which spelled her name, (so she could finger paint all over her chair and herself with the icing).


And for J's 1st I began a new tradition of cake baking and decorating adventures.
I'm pretty proud of these though I know I'm still completely amateur, so I want to share them here as well to keep track and since E's 1st birthday was today I have new cake pics to add as well of course.

J's first cake: Banana Cake made to look like a monkey (just canned icing and used circular baking pans with cakes stacked.


C's 3rd Cake a Flower Confetti Cake and J's 2nd cake a Train pound cake (both I used shaped pans this time) both were at their requests


C's 4th Cake, Strawberry Butterfly Cake cut to shape


J's 3rd Cake, Firetruck Chocolate Cake. Layered Sheet cakes cut and iced with shish kabob sticks for some added support, jujubes for lights and oreos for wheels
And Finally E's 1st cakes: Bunny Strawberry Smash Cake, Bunny Cupcakes with Marshmallow ears, and Coconut Pies (1 big and 2 individual size) in honor of Aunt Ruth (and using her recipe though the individuals were cool whip versions for E and family one had meringue)

No comments:

Post a Comment