This week is our week after Daddy's exams (he's working on the last year of his engineering degree). Now he's out till January which is wonderful, especially since we are now busy with Christmas preparations.
C started coming down with a cold Sunday and horrid congestion hit yesterday. She's in high spirits and on an antibiotic which will hopefully knock it out soon. Also cross our fingers but J doesn't have it yet.
Our to do list this week includes lots of Santa and general Christmas shopping, a followup doctor's appointment for Mommy, and a photo appointment hopefully late enough in the week both little ones will be healthy. I bought custom outfits for the kids from an amazing seller on etsy.com for Thanksgiving and Christmas and the Christmas ones arrived yesterday. I am amazed by this seamtress' talent and will upload pics of the outfits after I get holiday cards out, as to not ruin the surprise. I plan to use her for Easter heirloom outfits as well and could never find such amazing quality items at such affordable prices in store.
My mother-in-law is currently staying in town, which is at times a blessing and at times scary. I am trying to make the most of her help and be honest with her if she happens to overstep some boundaries so hopefully we won't drive each other too crazy. Today we will probably have dinner at her place depending on how C's feeling. I also need to get to the grocery store for some holiday recipe shopping. I'm currently craving Snickerdoodles and cider.
As a "Baker" I think I'll end this post will end this post with a recipe for some good snickerdoodles. Enjoy!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Snickerdoodles-II/Detail.aspx
Snickerdoodles :
Ingredients-
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions-
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the shortening and 1 1/2 cups of white sugar until smooth. Stir in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the batter until blended.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, but still soft.
No comments:
Post a Comment