I have lots of posts to catch up on but have to get this one in before the month is over. We've moved!!!! Well as I say mostly. We still are renting our previous home for a couple more months and are commuting back and forth to finish a couple things there as well to make it perfect for our awesome landlords and any future tenants.We've moved our belongings to our new home or as I like to call it the Baker Family Home. My In-laws decided they wanted to purchase a home big enough for us to live there (we are paying them rent as well as helping out) for a few years (or more or less as life takes us) and various extended family to live and visit over the years. My MIL and I went on the house search and saw this home together and both fell in love at first sight. It's got a layout that would turn some away because it's really like 3 homes sewn together BUT for us this is the dream home! I won't go into too much detail on here but we're now living on a lake with gorgeous front and back yards, a pool, a hot tub, a small barn and outdoor stables, and a couple pastures for my SILs' horses when they're here (and maybe a kids' pony eventually). There's honey suckle bushes everywhere and a blueberry bush! And a barn cat named Peppi who's a sweetheart (I'll post on her later).
Anyway it's gorgeous and all of us are loving the fresh air and extended family unit while still having our privacy when needed too. It's really a blessing and a dream come true.
Looks amazing, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessy! It really is. It's a slightly longer work commute for hubby and we're still paying the in-laws the same rent we did for our smaller rental house but there's so many other benefits here versus there. It will definitely be an adventure :)
ReplyDelete