Sunday, April 29, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

Yesterday we had our first swim in the new pool, which was K's first time in a pool ever. Today we went again. The kids all loved it. C was cautious at first but fearless in her attempts and so excited to be able to reach the bottom, practice some strokes, and blow bubbles to prepare for swimming on her own. J was more nervous at first and took more comforting along the way but soon was loving every minute and switched his hero obsession from Super Man to Aqua Man (while in the pool anyway). E is our fish. I've always said she should've been born in water. She loves baths and was this was even better. She squealed with delight while Daddy swam around with her on his back and once we climbed out tried to get back into the boat float to jump back in on her own (yep that one's trouble but definitely loves the water and continues to ask when we'll swim again). K didn't care so much. She was born in water but much warmer water so at first she just clung to me all snuggly and chilly. Later she got comfortable and laughed kicking her feet and splashing Mommy. She had a little fun in the little boat float as well and then laid back in the bigger boat float and actually fell asleep with the water rocking her (and Daddy's shirt wrapped over her).

Daddy and I both loved being back in the water. He's the swimmer but I had a lot of fun too, even though juggling four kids in floats, jackets, floaties, etc. (we have multiple types of each device as well lol) was......challenging, we all had a lot of fun and will be getting in again often. Fingers crossed for a long nice Summer to make the most of the new pool!

Here's one pic of the kids and I before we jumped in Saturday (Daddy took it). I will add more pics later of the fun and I'm sure will have more posts on swimming, lessons, fun, and safety in the weeks and months to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment