Thursday, December 22, 2011

K is 2 months old today!

It's been two months since K joined our family in one of the most amazing experiences of my life. As I've said so many times before I'm still amazed at how time flies and at the wonder of babies. I'm torn between questioning how it's already been two full months and at the same time how it's only been two months. It feels like she's been a part of our family forever, I guess because she always was meant to be. :)

At two months though we've experienced two nights of colic (first baby to have it actually so we've been lucky) at 2 months things are going wonderfully. K is still exclusively breastfeeding and waking once during the night to nurse.

K's a very happy baby (though she doesn't seem to be the comedian E is but more the empathetic type like C). She's laughing and smiling more and more these days. She also will react with a precious quivering pout when she hears crying of her big sibs or parents (just like C as well). She's holding her head up really well, baby talking lots, and will roll from tummy to back (and has rolled back to tummy twice already). She also gets hiccups more than any of my other babes which is saying something.

It's so amazing seeing her personality come out more and more and all the little milestones already getting ready for the next steps to come.

Yesterday she was laying next to E and whenever K's foot touched E she'd smile and laugh and E would laugh too. It was the cutest little game between my two babies. C, J, and E are all still smitten with little K. C especially wants more and more responsibility to hold and help care for E and K these days though I limit it a lot, her mini-mommy streak is always present and C always says how K is the prettiest baby in the world :) I hope all the kids continue to get along like this as they get older, most days at least :P

I will add length and weight stats again after our next appointment, but currently according to our home scale she's a bit over 15lbs. And she still has her precious kissable cheeks.

Can't wait to see what her next month holds, we are so very thankful to God for our beautiful fourth blessing :)

ETA: We had K's stats taken at the doctor on January 4th and she is now close to E's 4 month size:17lbs 24in!

No comments:

Post a Comment