Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we celebrated with hubby's grandparents, mother (Ibu), younger sis (who the kids call Aunt Rere), and extended family in Brevard, NC. I usually dread the trip up through the windy mountain roads and was very worried about all the kids in our first longer car trip since K's arrival. I was pleasantly surprised though and Daddy decided to be sweet and take the long flatter way on the highways (took almost an hour longer than usual but so much better for all of us). And I'm really glad we made the trip.

Brevard was gorgeous. The temperatures during the day were perfect for playing outside and the nights were just chilly enough to need light jackets.

Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful as always with good food and great company. C, J, and E warmed up to everyone pretty quickly this trip and remembered some people more this time around since our last trip. The especially loved playing with their second cousins who are 5 and 8. During dinner we got to see a few relatives who couldn't make the meal through the Iphone video calls. It was all pretty perfect (other than the family members we didn't get to see of course, though I know they were enjoying their own feasts with other loved ones), and C and J enjoyed the meal so much they ate more than hubby and I.

The kids also had lots of fun with Aunt Linda's two dogs Snuggles and Sassy, who were also visiting. The kids and pups all lined up at the doors to the back deck to watch the squirrels together many times. E was even petting the dogs (one of which who is bigger than her) soon, though when she first saw them she wouldn't approach them but just stand as far away as she could while laughing at them and squealing with delight. J told me he wished he had a dog like that big dog (aka Snuggles, the standard poodle) and that C had a dog like the little one (aka Sassy, a rat terrier). I so was impressed by how the kids and dogs got along that I could definitely see his wish coming true in the future. I got lots of cute pics I will add soon of this.

I also got some great pics introducing little K to the family. She surprised them how fast she's grown already and everyone was smitten with our newest baby princess. There's always something so sweet about seeing the kids' great grandparents holding a baby, both the contrast of age and youth, along with the reminder of my own grandparents who passed before I had kids. It's simply beautiful as you can see in the pictures.

Overall we had a great trip and the kids hugged everyone so tight before we left Saturday (we left a little early to beat the traffic). C and J were protesting leaving but we promised we'd come back again soon. I want to keep that promise for sure. Hopefully wellness, weather, and work will all go in our favor to make that possible.

Now we have to get ready for birthdays (mine and Ibu's) and then Christmas of course! December is going to be a busy exciting month. I'll try and update and catch up as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment