Just checking in. We've had a pretty crazy week around here. It began with lots of stress about moving or not moving or moving where. We are still up in the air on this however we are still trying to move and whether that be to North GA or locally next term it looks like we will have a bigger place somewhere, just the commute will depend on where. Also there is the potential that we would have to stay in the city in a small apartment with MIL if we're living in North GA so I don't have to worry about getting to my doctor and hospital of choice during labor. Hopefully all will work out though.
I was so stressed this week with moving and just general craziness surrounding us that it took a jarring experience to make me realize that things can always get worse. Hubby got in an accident Wednesday. All parties involved were fine. It was technically hubby's fault since the other car had the right away but looking back he says he's not sure it could have been avoided since his view was obstructed by an SUV turning and he honestly couldn't see any other cars. I'm just glad he's okay and was reminded once again how blessed we are. The car is drivable but the front bumper is torn off a bit on one side and missing a headlight now. My dad wanted us to have it fixed near him (he doesn't trust the dealerships and body shops down here) so we had AAA tow the car to him. Luckily it's less than 100 miles and my AAA covers up to 100 miles for free so it worked out well. I'm not sure when we'll have the car back but the plan is that my mom will come get us all tonight and we'll head to North GA and figure out transportation to come back home later in the weekend. We were planning to visit this weekend anyway so the car just throws a minor kink in the plans and doesn't change them overall that much.
Hubby's birthday is Sunday. I have no clue what we're doing or what I'll get him but plan to figure it out up in North Ga since I don't have any transportation to take care of it while in the city. Honestly had I not told him he wouldn't have known it was his birthday so if it comes to it I can always tell him his bday is actually next week and celebrate then lol. :P
Pregnancy is still going well. My insomnia and nausea are gone for the most part though I do have more aches and pains as my body is getting used to carrying more baby around :) E's still flipping like crazy which is reassuring except it means she hasn't settled on a position yet. Hoping she figures out that soon and slows down on the somersaults and kicks all over the place lol. Monday after we get back in town and hubby and I will be meeting with my doula. This is a big meeting to make birth plans and for hubby to officially meet and talk with her (he's met her before but not got to sit and talk and get to know her). I'm excited about this. I'm close to the 3rd trimester, most calendars consider the start to be week 28. It's crazy how fast time is going and how much more we need to do to get ready for Miss E to make her appearance. It's funny to hear other expecting moms wishing their little ones were here already while I'm hoping she stays in awhile to give me time to make everything perfect :). I will probably be complaining with the rest of them come August but right now I'm good to just enjoy pregnancy and hope it doesn't run by too fast :)
Well I have to run, lots of things to do to get ready for weekend and the rest of the day even. Hope everyone has a great weekend and is doing well! And is very blessed!
glad he's ok!!! that's totally scary!
ReplyDeletei think i enjoy it more when the baby is flipping!! this one has settled and i get tired of kicks int he same ole position! his head is on my right side and feet at the other (also since he's sideways puts more pressure on hips... i feel so wide!!!)but yeah he's either constantly in my ribs or in my hip bones. ick. i could use a good flip! Hope you get all the moving stuff figured out!
Oh man-Im glad hubby is alright{{HUGS}}-very scary indeed!!
ReplyDeleteFunny-wanting little E to stay in-too make everything prefect:) Soo cute!!
Luv ya
Thanks yall! I'm so glad he's okay too. We don't have our car back yet but have the in-laws since they left yesterday.
ReplyDeleteHopefully will have the moving stuff figured out by next week and then can get more focused on my nesting impulse lol.