Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A busy but slow week

This is mainly just another update post. Since last post we have done a lot. We never made it to the zoo with MIL (she bailed) but took the kids swimming instead and they loved it. We also went to the Frog Excursion which was really fun. The kids found many bugs, a frog, and a snake! Well the park ranger found the snake lol and held it firmly (even got bit in the process) and it was all very exciting. Also roasting marshmallows before the excursion was a lot of fun too.

This past weekend was pretty busy. Saturday my mom came to visit and we went to the World's Largest Baby Shower. It was really nice and wonderful spending the time with my mom and celebrating E together. Hubby was sweet enough to watch the kids for the day, so it was just Mom and I for the event and we got to go out to supper afterward. Sunday we went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival with a couple friends from playgroup which was awesome. Hubby and I used to go to these when we were in high school and hadn't been in awhile (this was also the kids' first faire). It was a lot of fun, though very hot and huge compared to some of the ones we've been too. The kids had a great time though and I was the only one to get sun burnt lol.

On another exciting note, I am past 24 weeks now! This is an awesome pregnancy milestone since it indicates viability, though I couldn't imagine this little girl making her appearance any time soon and hope she stays in as long as possible :) She's been moving like crazy and doing flips. The other night she came close to outdoing her big brother on the title "my roughest child on movements" lol. A lot of this intensity of her movements is because she's going back in forth between vertex and transverse positions and definitely isn't in a consistent birthing position yet. Hopefully she'll make her choice soon on position (and it will be the right one lol) as she runs out of as much space to play in there. I had my 24 week appointment Monday, and all news is good, she looks perfect, I'm measuring on target, iron is amazing :), and no GD (which I haven't had ever but still was nervous with my sweet tooth this pregnancy).

This week seems to be going by slowly though it's already Wednesday. This weekend we will be going to NC for SIL's graduation and probably headed home on Memorial day. I am not really excited about driving up or seeing MIL that much but it will be nice to see Hubby's grandparents and some other family while we're up. Wish us luck that it's a calm and happy weekend :)

Speaking of MIL, we had another real estate development since last post. We actually found the perfect place for all of us. It was big, close to campus, perfect layout, and we were getting an awesome deal on it. Well in the midst of negotiations MIL brought up the need for household rules so everyone would get along and the kids would have a consistent environment. Thinking she meant this as a two way street I mentioned the one rule hubby and I were very passionate about: No smoking in the house. It really irritates hubby's breathing, makes me sick, and we don't want it around the kids. Well this pushed her over the edge (interesting since I'd had so many other issues with her that were bigger that we got over) and she decided off that it wouldn't work after all. It was good I guess we stopped the process before it went too far, but definitely irritating and disappointing at that point. Also MIL went to alienate us a little more after this by not telling her Real Estate agent! So 5 days later I got an email asking if I could get MIL in touch with the agent to tell her what was up since she gave no notice to anyone but us it seems (insert eye roll). Anyway, that's over now.

So our new plan is now we're looking at places on our own and if the perfect place, for our family, arises we'll be moving and take it as God showing us it's meant to be. If that place doesn't come up then we will just continue to make our current place work, which though smaller than we'd like, is still nice and better than a lot of people have.

We have so many blessings in our lives! Despite stressful points, our joyous moments are much more often. God has definitely given us so much to be grateful for :) Currently I need to get back to playing with a couple of my blessings :) Hope you all have a great rest of the week and Happy Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. awh{{Hugs}}- Sorry abt all the problems with MIL-I dont have that issue;), so I feel for ya{{HUGS}}
    I loved the pics of the fair-soo cute, and dang-getting so big!!!
    luv ya :)

    ReplyDelete