Last weekend was my two little ones' Birthday weekend. :) C turned 3 on Friday and J turned 2 on Sunday so we took a long weekend of celebrating. Early Friday morning I packed up the kids, cargo, and cakes and we headed to Callaway Gardens. My mom came as well (which was the kids' favorite present). We had an awesome weekend with a Circus (mainly acrobats) Friday, lots of swimming at the lakeside beach and hotel pool, a wildlife park that you drive through (and also has a walk through section), and a trip to the gardens and Butterfly center. It was a very full and exciting weekend.The kids loved it. We returned Sunday evening and had our traditional Sloppy Joe Dinner for Joseph's birthday. :)Both kids I think would've been content to stay at the beach the whole weekend. Luckily only the adults got sunburned while we were there (despite SPF50 lotion) and mine was the worse of course. It's crazy to see how much C loves water and how J warmed up to it slowly lol. He was not the biggest fan of swimming in general before this trip (as he proved at our weekly pool trips where he'd cling to me constantly). He's ready to jump in now on his own though (with life jacket) as he proved when we took them swimming again Monday night at the campus pool. Also the swimming is amazing for pregnancy so the plan is we'll be going as often as possible in the next 8-10 weeks :)
Now that we've survived the birthday weekend we are now looking forward to E's Birth Day :) As of Sunday I'm 32 weeks along with Ms. E! Therefore there's between 8-10 more weeks till she'll be joining our family (40weeks is due date, 42 is overdue date, though before that is possible too I'm looking at the long haul lol). I feel pretty good overall. I have started having to get up to use the bathroom or switch sides at least once a night which is disturbing the sleep schedule but not too bad yet. This little girl is pretty active all the time, but definitely a night owl still. She seems to have her own nightly gymnastic routine going. Hoping her sleep schedule improves when she's outside the womb :) Daddy still seems to have the magic touch to make her calm down by just placing his hand on my belly and Ami seems to be able to make her relax pretty easily too. If big sis, big brother, or I put our hands on the belly she goes nuts and starts putting on a show lol. Still wondering if these trends will remain too.
Other things going on right now. Hubby is in his last couple weeks of the semester and applying for jobs for next term (he'll still have a couple classes left for next Spring but will be working during the Fall if all goes accordingly).
We are also in the process of looking for a bigger place to move to. We are waiting to hear back on one place right now so please keep us in your prayers for that that all goes easily and we hear back soon! It's pretty nerve wracking since we hope to move by August and our lease will be up pretty soon. Along with pregnancy hormones making me worry more. Lots of prayers and happy thoughts appreciated.
Well I've got to run do some chores and do some teaching time with the kids. Hope everyone is doing well and hopefully I can update again soon. I'll leave yall with a pic of the birthday cakes I made for the kids and one of my now 3 and 2 year olds :) I'm still in shock they're already 3 and 2 it's crazy how time flies. I feel so blessed though that I get to stay at home, teach and watch them grow and their personalities develop more and more each day. I love being a mom so much and can't wait to see what the years to come and #3 has in store :)

No comments:
Post a Comment