Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to the Blog

So I've had a very busy month and just realized I hadn't updated in awhile so here's our update.

All is going well. We are officially moved into our new place and signed out on the old apartment. I had a lot of complaints with the apartment at the end (mainly lack of space, privacy, and safety: living right off a busy metro street with nothing preventing random people from walking into the complex and specifically the playground area) but I definitely had a lot of wonderful memories there too which let me to cry as we drove away for the final time. That was our first home as a family (we moved in the month before C arrived) and where we brought both our first two babies home to. We made lots of wonderful friends in our time there (most of whom have recently moved to other places locally and nationally as well).

As we drove away C and J were saying "Bye Bye Old room! Bye little house!" which definitely made me tear up more (dang hormones) and hubby brought up how that was where the kids took their first steps, said their first words,.... (okay I have to stop or I'll cry again). Then C said "Mommy can we go to the big house now?" and started telling us all the things she likes about our new place (which they both have dubbed "the big house" lol). I am very excited about all the amazing memories to come that will have here. And definitely have realized it's the people not the place that makes the home :)

We have all of our stuff moved in but unpacking is still ongoing. I'm hoping to be box free before E arrives but we'll see. We are still putting the final touches on the nursery and the kids' room (though it is painted etc. we're still putting up some decor). I love that we were able to decorate here and make it more ours and will upload pics when everything is done.

We love having so much space (especially the huge back yard) though the hot weather is keeping us inside more. Hubby got a charcoal grill and has been cooking out for us a lot which has been so yummy! Also it's been a nice break in cooking for me. He has to go back to class next week and I'll definitely miss him being home as much. He is still waiting to here from the internships he's applied to so he's signed up for classes temporarily just in case and will withdraw for the term if the internships come through.


As of today I am 37 weeks along! It's crazy I'm already this far! And also that I had my last two (scheduled though) arrived at 38weeks and 38weeks 2 days. This little girl gets to choose her own birth day though, so she can arrive anywhere from now to 42 weeks (or a few days more even if she wanted). We'll see how it goes, and are very excited about the unknowns and a natural vaginal delivery! Keep us in your prayers that all goes perfectly when the time comes!

Hubby and I've been having private birth classes the last few weekends that have been awesome (while my amazing mom babysat). We both feel a lot more comfortable, educated, and prepared for birth in general and it's been great time for just us to spend together. Our last class is this Saturday so hoping no early arrivals till past then at least lol.

I am feeling good for the most part (though huge and hot of course lol). My body is definitely getting ready, but I'm not miserable (other than due to the heat) as of yet :). I'm hoping this feeling lasts even as I get closer to birth day. My doctor doesn't do vaginal checks since they are not very good indicators of progression and can cause infection so I have no numbers to tell but have been having other symptoms that my body is in preparation mode so your guess on ETAs are as good as mine lol.

I have to run for now so that's it for the current update. I'll try to write again soon! Hope everyone's doing well enjoying the last weeks of Summer!

1 comment:

  1. oh!! Getting close-how exciting!!!! Nat Vag deliveries are the best!!!!!You are all there(in the head-ya know) and can just bask and love on the baby:)Woulndt have mine any other way-youll be great!!!:) Ill be praying that you keep feeling so well:)

    ReplyDelete