I realized today was Groundhog Day when it was mentioned through the MSN homepage after I logged out of hotmail lol. I know this holiday may not mean too much in the grand scheme of things and the groundhog mentioned in the MSN article has chosen winter 90% of the time and has supposedly only a 39% success rate so I'm not putting too much into this either way. My first thought upon hearing this was actually the question "why didn't google have an appropriate title image on the homepage today?" I find this to be a kind of funny and sad realization on how dependent I've become on Google to remind me of random holidays. I definitely don't need the search engine's help on when Christmas or Easter are but for things like President's Day, random historian's birthdays, and the first telephone or whatever I have learned many minor days of note from none other than google. You would think the opportunity for google to add a cute brown rodent to the title would be jumped on today despite his low track record, maybe the next groundhog will do better.
Anyway, according to the groundhog Winter will be staying around for awhile, but I think rain or shine, warm or cold I will just go with the flow and keep the heater on and long-sleeved wear out as long as needed. And I still am slightly disappointed I didn't get a groundhog depiction on my Google page this morning lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment