Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekly Update

Sorry I haven't had that much to post this last week but honestly it's been pretty boring around here, well to the extent that nothing really out of the ordinary has happened.

We're pretty much back to our pre-Christmas Break routine though car trouble this week has kept us cooped in a bit more than I'd like. Our car has been having issues with the cold starter due to the weather we believe. Hubby's folks claim the issue is the battery so they bought us a new battery but right after getting the battery the car seemed to be acting normal again so we have the other battery in the car as backup. We are planning to get the car a general tune up and checked out next week and won't be going on any long trips for a bit I guess. Hubby's folks gave us a TomTom for Christmas (we've played with there's before for a few trips) and I can't wait to use it in Atlanta for some random new destination. Hubby and I are usually pretty good about directions but we've had a couple crazy explorations of the city while spending 3 hours looking for a specific restaurant so hopefully this gps will be the end of those lol.

The kids are doing well and growing and learning so fast. C is getting her 3 year molars in so she has complained about that a few times but overall all is going well and the teeth will just take time. From everyone I've spoke with it seems that the molars usually take longer versus the front teeth so not sure when they'll actually be fully in, hopefully they won't bother her too much longer though. J is talking more every day and knows his ABCs now (reciting wise and a few recognized) and I got a cute vid of it. I'm such a proud Mommy :) though sad how quick my babies are getting big lol. My mom still says how it feels like I was C's size yesterday and how she misses that so I'm guessing the time flying feeling of parenthood never goes away, though I definitely look forward to all the new stages coming up.

I feel so old recently though I'm only 24, I think it's because most of my parent friends are 3+ years older than me at least and the folks my age here seem to be out clubbing etc. I don't miss the club scene or lack of responsibility but I think parenthood has definitely added a maturity that the single folks my age still have a few years to catch up on lol. Maybe I just need a vacation to make me feel more youthful lol. Anyway we're off to visit the Mother-in-law for a few hours (maybe hubby and I can get away for a quick dinner date tonight but if not should be fun to catch up with MIL either way). Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. ugh-I sooo hear ya abt car troubles-they are SUCH a PAIN!!!!!!No long trips here either:(
    Glad to hear everything is going well with you all:) Molars are hard-its hard to see hurting and not being able to do a darn thing abt it-eh?
    Sometimes I miss the clubbing days too-but then I look at my littel angels-growing up so fast and I know there is NO way Id rather be anywehre else in time then RIGHT Here, Right NOW!:)

    ReplyDelete