Monday, February 18, 2013

Update

So I've got lots to catch up on for January but yall will just get this summary for now, mid-February. I'll try and link these to their own posts later since just a sentence won't do it all justice.

One reason I haven't posted as much is just I haven't gotten around to deciding which photo hosting site to use for here.

Now the bigger reasons are we've been fairly busy mainly with house hunting. We are looking for our own house to purchase. I will make another post on this eventually.

Another big saga of late was Shade got very sick and though we believe she may pull through she is no longer with our family. Everything went fairly crazy and we were pretty much about to put her to sleep (being told it was the only choice) then at the last minute were offered a VERY expensive exploratory surgery which could not be offered (since it's that much of a long shot) unless we gave up our rights of ownership. We are not happy how it all was handled by the vets etc. but I will share more detail on that later. What counts is for now she is still alive though we are grieving her not being with us of course :(

And of course last week the kids all got a pretty horrid cold (with fever) which we're still fighting today. I know I am fighting this as well but can't let it keep me from caring for them. Pretty sure the first day I am not woken up by a coughing child I will sleep the day away giving into the exhaustion (guess I better hope it's a weekend).

So anyway Valentine's day with sick kids and worrying about Shade, we decided to reschedule celebrating (which is more for the kids anyway with our anniversaries coming in March). Hubby still surprised me with flowers he'd ordered a week in advance. C and J made their own valentine cards for everyone and we made cookies but no big plans like years past or crafts till the weekend.

And now we're here again, Monday, President's day.

I'm looking forward to hopefully the rest of this month being relaxing and healthy *fingers crossed* and March making up for it the rest of the way.

I will try and be better about posting here, and free photo hosting site recommendations appreciated in the meantime!



1 comment:

  1. I've been pleased with photobucket over the years. I also use picasa. I pay for Flickr and truly love it.

    ReplyDelete